What is Vajrasana?
“Vajrasana” comes from the Sanskrit word, “Vajra” which means “thunderbolt” or “diamond” and “asana” means “Pose”. This asana is also known as “Diamond Pose”. You can find that mostly the yoga asana should be performed on an empty stomach. But this asana can be done immediately after the meal. It is so effective after the meal and aids in proper digestion. This diamond pose is best for you to practicing breathing exercises and meditation. If you are practicing regular then it makes you stronger and healthier.
Vajrasana is an ideal yoga exercises for yoga beginners because this yoga postures help to tone the muscles, so that they can later move on to more challenging asana and it helps to ease digestive disorders and strengthens your back and leg muscles. Nowadays, everyone have a craze about yoga, they want to know all the types of asana because these asana is so beneficial for their health, that’s the reason mostly people search for yoga school in Rishikesh to join the yoga teacher training in Rishikesh to become a yoga instructor and learn all the yoga asana.
Tips for Yoga Beginners to do Vajrasana
If you are a yoga beginner, and perform this position, it is likely that your legs might begin to pain in no time. Always make sure to give your ankles, knees and calf muscles a good massage. Yoga beginners should work slowly and gradually on bettering the strength of the muscles in the lower back before they try to go deeper into the poses or increasing the duration. There is no define schedule for Vajrasana and one can perform this asana even just later than meals. If you are yoga beginners then the lowest amount of time to practice Vajrasana is three minutes. You can to do a diamond pose in a silence and open place, so that your mind is at peace and you get fresh air for the breathing exercise connected with the Diamond pose.
Precaution to do Vajrasana
- For those people who are suffering from joint plan never perform this asana.
- If you are suffering from spinal column aliments, especially on the lower vertebrae should not perform this Vajrasana.
- If you are suffering from hernia, intestinal ulcers and other diseases of the small and large intestine should practice this pose under the expert and should advice with doctor.
- If you have hurt your ankles or knees then you should not do this pose.
- If you have a knee problem or have undergone surgery in your knees, then it is best for you to avoid this pose.
- Pregnant women should keep their knees slightly apart when they practice asana so that they avoid putting pressure on their abdomen.
How to do Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
To do this asana, just follow the steps:
- First of all, sit on the flat floor and fold your legs, bend your knees and sit on your buttocks.
- Now, place your hands on your lap and keep the head straight.
- You can concentrate on the breath and observe the process of inhalation and exhalation. Close your eyes to get good concentration and to calm the mind.
- Remain in this post for at least 5-10 minutes and take long deep breaths.
- Once you are used to it, you can increase this to 5-10 minutes.
Benefits of Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
- This asana is so beneficial for those people who are suffering from blood pressure.
- Vajrasana helps with digestion and gets rid of constipation and other stomach disorders.
- This asana is helps in combating acidity.
- This asana gives longevity and strengthens the spine.
- Vajrasana helps to improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- The vajrasana variation helps calm the mind and helps in relaxation.
- It helps to tone the muscles of the hips, thighs and calf muscles.
- This asana is one of the best back strengthening yoga asana, because it strengthens lower back muscles and it is easy to perform.