Yoga word was driven from a Sanskrit word yuj which means “to add”, or “to unite” and it was originated in ancient India, approx. 10,000 years back. Yoga is just not a physical exercise, rather it is a practice of body, mind and spirit to unfold the unknown potential of a human soul and mind. Yoga was later introduced in the west as a physical exercise, but now its existence is more like a meditative and spiritual practice. Yoga has a variety of practices, schools, ashrams in Hinduism as well as in Jainism and Buddhism. Yoga has been effective as a healing process for cancer, asthma, schizophrenia, and heart disease as it reduces the risk factor of such patients.
Yoga in Rishikesh
Yoga in Rishikesh is one of the most popular places when we talk about learning yoga in India. There are a number of Ashrams, Schools in Rishikesh to choose to learn yoga and Rishikesh resorts to stay. Rishikesh is not only famous for yoga, but also for Rishikesh weather and you can do rafting in Rishikesh. Rishikesh yoga has a variety in style of meditation and yoga through which you can reach the ultimate goal of Yoga which is Moksha. Therefore, it is very important to choose the right place which fits your needs.
Some of the main benefits of Rishikesh Yoga are as follows:
- Emotional Boost: Yoga has been helping people to come out of depression and feel better. It is also effecting in fighting against sleeping problems.
- Treating Back Pain: Only after a few months of practicing yoga, the pain of chronic back pain can be lowered down for a better back function.
- Helpful for Heart Patients: It has been proven by many people that practicing yoga has improved their heart health while decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- Asthma Helper: Yoga helps to decrease the symptoms of Asthma. Mainly the practice of Pranayama has been effective in the case of Asthma.
Below you will get to know about some of the courses which are provided in Rishikesh yoga schools:
Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh, India: Yoga retreats is the best course of the people who are new in learning yoga. It includes the practice of yoga and meditation as well as having fun through trekking, hiking, rafting, etc. So it is all fun to have a relief from your hectic or busy life.
100 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course: This course is the fastest way for people to learn different aspects of yoga. It is a most course in India as it helps students a lot in learning yoga.
200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course: 200 Hour YTTC is a course which mainly helps people to build confidence in themselves to teach as it advances your yoga techniques a lot.
300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course: This course is like a final step to become a certified yoga teacher. You get practical as well as theoretical knowledge of yoga in 300-hour yoga TTC.
Some of the top places to learn Rishikesh yoga are:
- Hatha Yoga School
- Sivananda Ashram
- Shree Mahesh Heritage Meditation School
- Parmarth Niketan
So, keep practicing yoga to improve your health and mind. Remember, Yoga will never harm you, it will only help you in one or the other way.