Best Yoga Diet for Health
Yoga Diet plays an important part in getting full benefits from your yoga exercise or yoga practice. Human body requires food or getting energy and this energy sustains life. Different type of food and its quality affects your physical as well as mental health. That’s the reason why sportsmen and pregnant women need special food. Best diet for yoga does not believe in calorie count of foods or the vitamins, proteins which we get from the food. Some of the yogis survive on insufficient amount of food and still enjoy better health than all of us. These yoga diet principles are very easy but difficult to follow.
Perfect Yoga Diet for Yoga Practitioners
There are so many questions which are comes to everyone mind that’s are what’s a yogi to eat and do Yogis have to be vegetarian? Though it is not essential to stop eating meat for starting yoga but vegetarian diet is highly recommended for holistic yoga practice. Yoga diet ideally follows a sattvic diet or Ayurvedic diet. These sattvic diet or Ayurvedic diet increase sattwa in the body because they are light, simple and source of the necessary nutrients. These foods increase our physical and mental vitality making it easier to experience clarity, lightness and peace of mind.
Best diet for Yoga to Help Improve Your Yoga Practice
- All types of Fresh fruits, especially those that are naturally sweet. Use fresh seasonal fruits
- Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. Drink water half an hour before meals. Drinking of one or two glasses of water when you wake up is ideal for health.
- All fresh vegetables eaten raw constitute salad. Fresh cucumber, tomato, carrots, beetroot, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower etc. are used for preparing salad.
- Herbal teas, water with lemon and/or lime
- Natural, raw sugar, maple, molasses
- Whole grains, especially wheat, oats and rice
- Only used plant-based oils, like olive oil, sunflower, sesame
- Sweet spices, like cinnamon, cardamom, mint, basil, turmeric, ginger, cumin, fennel
- Always keeps on your mind the food prepared with love, and gratitude given before consumption.
Avoid Unhealthy Food When follow a Yoga Diet
- Always avoid Microwaved foods, fried foods, junk food.
- Avoid canned foods, except naturally canned tomatoes and fruit.
- Avoid white flour, white sugar.
- Avoid Garlic, onions, spicy foods, or cooked foods
- Avoid Alcohol, tobacco, stimulants
- Stop Over eating or wrong dietary habits.
- Avoid drinking water with food
- Avoid tea and coffee completely
The yoga diets for yoga practitioner help to improve your health, body, mind and spirit and also help to lose your weight. So, to get the maximum benefits, the best suggestion is to healthy eating habits for yoga practitioners and just follows the above yoga diet plan.