Yoga consists of mental, spiritual and physical practices which were originated in ancient India. In Rig Veda the first yoga word was mentioned. The purpose of yoga is to bring about the physical as well as mental change in person. In Jainism, Buddhism and Hinduism the Yoga practices is not only associated with stances and postures but also makes physical activity of exercises. The yoga activity was practiced from thousands of years. The practice of yoga can be traced around 500 years ago but some researchers also think that yoga is around 10,000 years old. The history of yoga has been divided into four main periods of practice, innovation and development.
Pre classical yoga:
The first word yoga was developed in the oldest sacred book rigveda. The yoga was developed by Brahmins and rishies. The bhagavad gita was the most renowed yogic scriptures.
The classical period consists of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, which was the first systematic presentation of yoga. The patanjali is considered as the father of yoga and its yoga sutras influence styles of modern yoga.
The yoga masters created the system which is designed to rejuvenate the body and the prolonged life.. They rejected the teaching of the ancient Vedas and developed Tantra yoga.
In the late 1800s and early 1900s the yoga masters travel to the west in order to attract the attention of the maximum yoga followers. The Hatha yoga was strongly promoted in India. The hatha yoga has many different schools.
There are various benefits of yoga exercises. Some of the benefits of yoga are mentioned below:
- You are healthy it not only means that you are physically fit but also emotionally and mentally balanced. The packages offered by yoga like pranayama, meditation are some of the fitness package. The practice of yoga helps in improving our health, it protects our body against injury, it increases our physical and mental power, it detoxifies our body and thus improves our health.
- The practice of yoga helps in losing our weight.
- Yoga helps in relieving our stress- Yoga helps in getting rid of the physical and mental stress. Pranayama, meditation and yoga postures are some of the specific techniques of yoga to get rid of the stress.
- The practice of yoga helps in improving our immunity. The meditation is one of the best exercises which helps in relieving stress and improves immunity.
- The practice of yoga helps in increasing our energy. If a person is tired or he or she is frustrated from the daily routine, then the practice of yoga helps in providing relief tour mind and body.
Yoga is a continuous process which should be done daily. If you practice yoga daily then you will be profound for all the benefits of yoga.